A high percentage of our students choose to take the armed security officer training because it gives them the greatest flexibility in doing either armed or unarmed work. Many private security companies have a hard time finding armed security officers to fill the required positions. Ask your current or future employer if they are in need of more armed security officers.
Traditionally there are less armed security officers because the training is more expensive and requires that you own and are proficient with a handgun.
Our armed security guard training is in full compliance with PACSCO and DOPL standards. Class content includes:
All applicants must complete 24 hours of basic training and pass a written test with a score of at least 80%.
- Legal responsibilities
- Writing reports
- Use of proper force
- Sexual harassment
- Responding to a situation
- Patrolling techniques
- Community relations
Firearms Training and Completion:
You must sit and complete 24 hours of classroom training on your particular firearm in accordance with the rules of the licensing act. In addition, to these 24 hours, you must submit a Certification of Completion form showing that you have completed six hours of firearm instruction and an additional six hours at the range.
The cost of the class is %INSERT COST%. Please consider class dates on the right or contact us to schedule a private class.
Requirements of Utah Armed Security Applicants include but are not limited to the following:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Valid Identification (Utah driver’s license, passport
- Finger print cards (2) or electronic fingerprinting is accepted
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Never convicted of a felony
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Submit to criminal background check
- Expected to know all the Laws and Rules pertaining to your service